Vancouver Mustangs  

Go Back   Vancouver Mustangs > Care & Maintentance > Appearance + Show

Old 06-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
Mustang_Driver

Default Nice Neighbor******NOT****

I was having a coffee this morning and thinking i heard someone having car trouble i went out to investigate and noticed my neighbor that's doing renovations was painting his trim and doors with a airless sprayer and a big cloud of overspray headed towards my car after i made the "Thanks For the overspray" comment he just looked over the fence and waved.....i just about went over and hit him right there but i had somewhere to be and when i got home i dragged out the camera and filmed him and his over-spray. He noticed that i was taking pictures and went into hiding inside the house. Now i have to wash the car and make sure i didn't get any on my car and if so does anyone know if i goto ICBC with the car and video or am i stuck getting the car detailed to get the paint off. also is there something i car use to get the overspray off the car that won't cost my an arm and a leg.

I posted the video's on photobucket....... Like i say nice neighbors at least they could have warned me they were going to do this but his other neighbor may be really pissed....watch the video and tell me if i have anything to worry about

http://s963.photobucket.com/user/98M...d%20Over-Spray
Mustang_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
blake carstensen

sorry to say, you really should have started by telling the guy he's getting paint over your car.

there are likely bylaws against something like that, but ontop of a fine - he should know why his neighbor hates him a little more now.
blake carstensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
Mustang_Driver

I have to wash the car and see if i got hit with the overspray as the car is dusty and i couldn't tell so that's what i'll be doing today. his neighbor with the red car might be a little upset after i talk to him when i see him
Old 06-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
falconguy63

Id call diam-a-claim and see what they say. Might waive your deductable if you have proof. Dont wash it yet because they might want to veiw it first

'63 Falcon Futura: 289/c4/9", bolts ons, 13.49 @101.10

Quote:
you obviously bore it .010" then finish hone it, then put an elastic on the diegrinder trigger and dangle that bitch into the bore and watch bounce around in there...thats how you get the .5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

falconguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
Mustang_Driver

thanks i'll give them a call and see what they say..... the least the guy could have done was ask me if i could move the car or build himself a make shift garage but seeing as they are selling the house after renovations i don't think they really care
Old 06-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
blake carstensen

I think you have far too much faith in humanity to have courtesy.

could he not say the same to you, "the least he could do it come ask me to stop spraying paint all over his car"

people are idiots, they really are - you almost had to hold everyone's hand in life that you encounter like this.
blake carstensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #7
92 calypso

dont let it bug you to much, get a clay bar 20-30 bucks and be done with it.
92 calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #8
Mustang_Driver

i am not letting it bug me that much, i did check the car over and yes it has white dots all over it some just wipe off others are a little stubborn but it was just the principal of it all. i went through the same thing where i worked as they had to paint lumber with yellow,red,black paint and when i got home i noticed the car was covered in yellow cost me 200 for a claybar and wax i took the receipt into my boss and all he said was what am i supposed to do with this, i am not paying to have your car waxed so i bit the bullet on that one. as for the claybar i bought the meguiars smooth surface kit around christmas and it had everything but the clay i guess the guys at walmart or lordco can't remember where i bought it needed the clay more than i did
Old 06-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #9
Mustang_Driver

just seems like everything happens at once......I put the car up for sale and this happens
Old 06-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
TheBoss

Why not just move your car instead of let it get overspray on it?
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #11
Mustang_Driver

My sister videoed most of this as i wasn't home at the time he dropped the overspray cloud.

i was home at first then i had somewhere to be i made a comment when i left, he looked over the fence and waved.

when i got home the damage was already done and he just kept painting. and why i didn't move the car is i had to go downtown and i would rather drive my focus downtown than the mustang due to fuel cost

anyways i got ahold of icbc and they say to take it to a shop and get it taken care of.

the guy across from me hid red honda is just covered and it's not insured
so i guess he will be insuring it and wanting a copy of my video.....
Old 03-24-2014, 01:39 AM   #12
bazinga11

ouch, sad story sir! I got my pony's roof keyed by some idiot outside walmart the other day ughh
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:39 AM   #13
bazinga11

ps: just out of curiosity, how did icbc claim pan out?
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #14
bkhunga10

you gotta file a police report. and then dial a claim. I hate jerks that do that! or just tell the guy to fix what he did.
bkhunga10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:54 PM   #15
Mustang_Driver

I got rid of the car before i went to ICBC or anything so it's not really my problem anymore.

But thanks for asking. I joined the Mini-Van Club due to a family member needing to haul medical equipment around