Vancouver Mustangs  

Go Back   Vancouver Mustangs > Tech Forums > The Classics

Old 01-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #26
Musturd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67FEfastback View Post
Thanks, don't want to hijack the thread, but I'll post some more pics over the xmas break
I'd have sex with that car
Old 01-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #27
Superfreak

Brought up a 66 coupe, 69 Dodge Coronet 500 and a 69 Dodge Super Bee, very easy, as stated do not lie about the dollar amount paid if you bought the car on a public site like ebay. I bought all three on ebay and at Canada Customs they ask for your acct # and check the price you paid. No inspections required on these cars due to age.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #28
Taemian

Quote:
Just curious, did you guys go look at the car you are/were importing, or have some one look at it?

I've hear some horror stories.
I brought up my 04 Marauder in 08 from Tennessee, it only had 9156 miles on it. Had the Ford dealership take a zillion photos, took the rest on faith. It was as perfect as new.

Just brought up a 08 Land Rover for my wife from Manhattan last week, had 19k miles on it and had lots of nicks/scrapes/rough spots compared to the photos I got. I'm satisfied, but not really happy. A huge detail is on the way, hopefully it'll get better, but there's about $500 they should've spent, not me.

Make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing/emails. I asked about keys during a phonecall, was told the LR came with two. Only came with one, new key is $400, would've taken that off the purchase price when making my offer. They denied saying there were two keys, and I had no written proof.
Stainless Works long tubes (+ ceramic coating)
Stainless Works High flow cats
JLT CAI
Accufab TB
Ford GT40 dual-pumps
SCT Xcal 2 Tune (Lidio@AA)
13.2 @ 103
down to
12.81 @ 107.78
Ventilated block mod -- July 2011
Teksid/Forged Rebuild Nov/2011
Rebuild Heads/SVT Cams
Blueprinted Eaton
Taemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #29
Deepm

Quote:
Just curious, did you guys go look at the car you are/were importing, or have some one look at it?

I've hear some horror stories.
I bought a 1990 Mustang LX Coupe in Nov/2010 and I didn't go look at the car because it was in California. I bought the car over ebay, the seller had allot of pictures on ebay, he also had a good seller rating so that made me feel a bit better. I called him and talked to him a number of times before bidding and he sent me a bunch of more pictures of the car. I guess I got lucky because the car was exactly as decribed. If I was spending $15k to $20k on a car, I would fly and take a look at it.
Deepm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #30
5.0Mustangg

i want a texas / cali 04 cobra now lol
5.0Mustangg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, classic, import, mustang, usa