Vancouver Mustangs  

Go Back   Vancouver Mustangs > Tech Forums > 4.6 / 5.4 SN Engine Tech

Old 03-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
87-stanger-6o4

Exclamation Maxi 13 Fuse

alright guys im back again with a stupid problem again , i bought a 96 gt 4.6 L mustang and
the first year owning it there was no problems that wasnt a easy fix now im having a electrical problem that wont go away , i drive and out of no where the car will shut off and the MAXI 13 fuse under the hood will blow and the theft light on the dash will start blinking , and after this fuse blows the car has to sit for a couple days and it wont start up even thought i put new fuses in Maxi 13 slot. ive been lookin online some guys have the same problem but no seems to have a answer for this stupid problem can some one give me some tips to try and figur this out in time for summer?
Old 03-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Journeyman

Get a wiring diagram and start diggin.
Journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Mustang_Driver

Hey i just typed in maxi fuse 13 in google and everyone there seems to be having a problem with that fuse had their fuel pump replaced and they figure it may have been a wire came undone not sure what the problem is or what you have done to the car but the way is sounds it sounds like a relay is heating up then shutting down i'll look in my repair manual in a bit but just make sure all the connections are good everywhere could be a loose connection

these guys are having issues as well

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ustang-gt.html
Old 03-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
Mustang_Driver

ok i just looked in my chilton's manual and it says maxi 13 fuse controls the Electronic Engine Control which could mean the Power Control Module went bad or just may need to be re-programmed not too sure i have 2 mustangs and haven't encountered this YET!!!! but i don't drive mine that often. but like i said i have no idea what you have done to the car or what you may have changed so just check all the connections and if need be you could pick up a PCM from a wrecker and see if that works?
Old 03-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
87-stanger-6o4

thanks bro for leading me sorta in the right direction , i went over everything under the hood i changed my self ( the car was bone stock when i bought her ) then i went inside the car and ripped out the PCM , weather it is the pcm or not i will be changing it to a new one just so i dont have to worry about it later , narrowing down the problem.
the pcm is the original one has the date from november 3 1996 printed on it which is trippy, im hoping its the problem................................

heres a list of what i have done to the 4.6 first off , New Clutch , New Intakemanifold , New MSD coil packs and Wires ( red ) of corse with a set of sparkplugs , intake spacer , Chrome bbk throttle body , Chrome Cold Air Intake ,and a b&m short shifter , only other thing changed on the car would be brakes all around and a apline deck with alpine subs , and amp. and real hid headlights
Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
Mustang_Driver

i hope that works for you like i said i have never had that problem yet