Vancouver Mustangs  

Go Back   Vancouver Mustangs > Tech Forums > 4.6 / 5.4 SN Engine Tech

Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
TWINS

Default water/oil?

Anyone using a synthetic oil notice any substance looking like water in your oil, not sure if it's a coincedence or if am now slowly developing a small internal leak
TWINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
black92coupe

Condensation?
Old 12-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
TorqueIsTheJuiceForMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
Anyone using a synthetic oil notice any substance looking like water in your oil, not sure if it's a coincedence or if am now slowly developing a small internal leak
Water in your oil won't look like water, it'll look like a frothy mess on the dipstick the same colour as your oil. If that's the case find a secluded place and bring out Mr.Dynamite.

If it's an unusual smattering of moisture dots on the upper part of the dipstick it's probably nothing to worry about, more chalked up to living in a cold BC desert and poorly sealed dipstick fitment.

Hopefully it's no biggie and G/L.
TorqueIsTheJuiceForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
TWINS

It's seems like a lot to me, took the filter off and there was sludge build of water and oil mix, its in the filler cap and shows a little on the dipstick, it started right after switching to this oil in summer, but it slowly is getting worse I have never had that kind of buildup under the filter, coolant level has dropped a bit, but sits higher than normal evry so often, my ford tech buddy said its fine but that is not saying much, werid that it started after th oil change, hoping its a coincedence, but I would like to blow it up at this point
Old 12-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
TorqueIsTheJuiceForMe

Quote:
It's seems like a lot to me, took the filter off and there was sludge build of water and oil mix, its in the filler cap and shows a little on the dipstick, it started right after switching to this oil in summer, but it slowly is getting worse I have never had that kind of buildup under the filter, coolant level has dropped a bit, but sits higher than normal evry so often, my ford tech buddy said its fine but that is not saying much, werid that it started after th oil change, hoping its a coincedence, but I would like to blow it up at this point
Head gasket and internal torture. Fix or replace, whatever's most cost effective.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
TWINS

So much money in this turd, I want to burn it but would like some use out of it, I'll figure out something I guess
Old 12-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
TorqueIsTheJuiceForMe

Quote:
So much money in this turd, I want to burn it but would like some use out of it, I'll figure out something I guess
Winters n the 'Loops are depressing if you don't have hobbies.

Chin up bruthuh