Vancouver Mustangs  


Go Back   Vancouver Mustangs > Classifieds Connection > Rims / Tires for Sale

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #101
sode
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 320
Default

How much are a set of pintails worth?
sode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #102
Sheinfeld
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

replica wheels are like black women with fake purses,you think it looks hot,but it just looks tacky to hell
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #103
Brian46
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD686 View Post
Yup! you are entitled to yours, but mine is the only one that counts

I buy wheels for looks and handling
handling? Why would you pick a knock of chinese cast wheel? Once you have seen one broken open and how pourus the casting is you will change your mind
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #104
JPD686
Senior Member
 
JPD686's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Parksville BC
Posts: 1,241
Default

just my opinion of what i have found with upgrading to my 17" Saleens from the stock 10 holes or ponys. Im sure an "original" wheel is better, but for what i need, i dont need to spend 2g or more
__________________
2013 Mustang GT - 6MT, Track Pack, DIB
1986 Ford Ranger Factory Turbo Diesel (4D55-T)

-The Time is Now, Adapt and Destroy!-
JPD686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #105
Brian46
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD686 View Post
just my opinion of what i have found with upgrading to my 17" Saleens from the stock 10 holes or ponys. Im sure an "original" wheel is better, but for what i need, i dont need to spend 2g or more
your opinions and taste on wheels you bought are not "findings"
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #106
JPD686
Senior Member
 
JPD686's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Parksville BC
Posts: 1,241
Default

Stop picking apart my sentences and accept the fact these wheels are ugly and not worth 1300 without tires....

how are they not considered "findings" as it is what i have found the wheels to be in my opinion. i dont give a shit if you dont agree.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT - 6MT, Track Pack, DIB
1986 Ford Ranger Factory Turbo Diesel (4D55-T)

-The Time is Now, Adapt and Destroy!-
JPD686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #107
Brian46
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD686 View Post
Stop picking apart my sentences and accept the fact these wheels are ugly and not worth 1300 without tires....

how are they not considered "findings" as it is what i have found the wheels to be in my opinion. i dont give a shit if you dont agree.
ugly? no, not compared to what you like. not worth 1300? obviously, look at what I offered the guy. However, I would still buy them at $1300 if my only other option was horribly ugly chinese porous cast wheels with knock off tires.

"findings" "A conclusion reached after examination or investigation" not an opinion of someone who refuses to accept the quality of the wheels being horrible, It is a proven fact that the wheels you claim to be better because of your "findings" are garbage quality.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #108
92coupe
Senior Member
 
92coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD686 View Post
Yup! you are entitled to yours, but mine is the only one that counts

I buy wheels for looks and handling, not weight, if i was worried about that, i would buy draglites or weld wheels.... or find some good alum wheels.

I am 100% satisfied by my purchase from AM and dont think i would buy new anywhere else.
I'm a big fan of the cheap replicas because I personally don't think it's worth it spending much money on wheels for a mustang.
However, removing rotational or unsprung weight is quite important for handling/suspension efficiency and therefore if you're that into handling you should be spending the extra bucks on a lighter wheel.
__________________
93 Coupe; 88mm 331 w/T56 8.58@165

Videos @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
92coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #109
Brian46
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I wonder if china can make centerlines for the $8ea they punch out saleens and ponyR wheels for?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #110
JPD686
Senior Member
 
JPD686's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Parksville BC
Posts: 1,241
Default

92coupe - thats my opinion too, and what i was trying to say to Brian... cheaper chiniese wheels clearly are not the best for handling... but they deffinatly offer an improvement over Ponys or 10 Holes....

Human beings make up definitions and words all the time, why cant I? . "I "Found" bla bla bla".... doenst mean its true or scientific.(but it held true for me!) I found they handled better then stock wheels, and i was very happy with them + the tires hooked up fairly well..... i see no imperfections on the quality, although im sure any OEM is better constructed, i dont doubt that for a second.... and yes, to me they are ugly... like i said earlier, may as well put some damn chrome dish plates on your mustang.

Words have MANY definitions Brian.... they only seem to have 1 with you though.


Since your the wheel expert, where should i get some good wheels for my 2013 5.0.... Unlike the fox, i don't want too "cheap out" on wheels for it.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT - 6MT, Track Pack, DIB
1986 Ford Ranger Factory Turbo Diesel (4D55-T)

-The Time is Now, Adapt and Destroy!-
JPD686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #111
Chody GT
Senior Member
 
Chody GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fuckyou
Posts: 2,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD686 View Post
Since your the wheel expert, where should i get some good wheels for my 2013 5.0.... Unlike the fox, i don't want too "cheap out" on wheels for it.
only one way to HOP out of this one... if ya know what i mean....
Chody GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #112
MustangGT
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 604
Posts: 385
Default

SOLD.......
MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #113
9150LX
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

theres a sucker born every minute
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #114
tatslx
Senior Member
 
tatslx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: VANCOUVER
Posts: 2,311
Default

Sold them one minute after you asked if I would be interested in a trade . My bad slow response time
tatslx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
need more hop

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Style by: kreativfantasy.com