Vancouver Mustangs  

Go Back   Vancouver Mustangs > Tech Forums > Car Audio & Wiring

Old 08-29-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
Mustang_Driver

Default question about a dvd player

I just picked up a Boss BV7334 dvd player for my van as it was better then the am/fm/cassette factory deck that i had as oem. My question is it has 2 wires on the back labeled brake and the other labeled reverse, i was wondering if there was a was to bypass the parking brake control? I have seen that some people can just ground the wire and it will work but others say it needs a bypass module. anyone know if i can ground it out or not?
Mustang_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
cdnstang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Driver View Post
I just picked up a Boss BV7334 dvd player for my van as it was better then the am/fm/cassette factory deck that i had as oem. My question is it has 2 wires on the back labeled brake and the other labeled reverse, i was wondering if there was a was to bypass the parking brake control? I have seen that some people can just ground the wire and it will work but others say it needs a bypass module. anyone know if i can ground it out or not?

Not quite familiar with the boss brand, but just try grounding the light green wire. Some units will require seeing that ground signal after the unit has powered up, you can accomplish that with a relay or a tr7 module. The other wire labeled reverse is used for a backup camera input, so just disregard that wire unless you have a camera youre installing as well.

Secrets and Lies, Its all Secrets and Lies

Just another 10sec cobra....
cdnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Mustang_Driver

thanks for the reply i went back to visions and they said that although it is illegal to bypass the wire they said to try and just ground it out and it should work......and the wire is pink and not green but will try this weekend i have a CEL on i am trying to fix at the moment

But thanks for the input
Mustang_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote